As a full service Internet marketing company, we hear many different questions about the ever-changing and mysterious world of SEO. Most clients don’t recognize the extensive work that goes into SEO, and that it’s not just a once and done type deal. Working to get a websites rankings up on the search engines is an ongoing and often times very tedious task. So here at EWS, we have compiled a list of the top 5 most frequently asked questions that we hear from our clients on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis and the answers to these questions.
1. What is so important about SEO? Having a website sitting on the Internet with poor search engine rankings is a lot like having a giant billboard in the middle of the desert. You can put in the work to have this beautifully put together website, but it is kind of “all for not” if no one is going to be able to see it.
2. Can you guarantee my company to be first page on Google? The answer is no. We don’t control Google, and we can’t make any guarantees. Google is often running updates and changing things that affect rankings, so it would be very unlikely that anyone (other than Google themselves) could make a guarantee like that.
3. How long will it take to get my website to rank? There is simply no answer to this question. There are just too many factors that play into whether or not a website gets indexed and is ranked on the search engines under relevant keywords that are searched. However, there are some tricks that COULD help speed up the process. This includes submitting map listings, directory submissions and having quality incoming links to your page, all of which we incorporate into our process.
4. Why do I see different search results than other people searching the same keywords? Well, when searching keywords, search engines like Google and Bing take into consideration a variety of aspects such as geographic location, web history, social media interaction, and whether or not you’re signed into a Google account and it is showing your preferences.
5. What is the most important part of SEO? While there is no actual single aspect of SEO that can bring immense results as far as rankings, when used together, all parts can. Just about every phase of SEO relies on each other and works together to raise a website’s likelihood of being indexed. However, if we had to choose one, content would be the most important. This is because content is what will engage and inform your potential clients when they first enter your website. Your web pages should be chalked full of good quality, interesting content that includes keywords and phrases that are likely to be searched in relevance to your company.